Technical Product Owner
Established in 2001, Doxee’s headquarters are located in the town of Modena, Italy. We are, first and foremost, engineers and innovators in the traditions of a region that is famed for its technological excellence and engineering prowess having produced such global icons as Ferrari, Lamborghini, Pagani, and Ducati.
Today, Doxee is a global company with offices and partners located throughout Europe and the Americas. Our clients include Global 500 corporations – Telecom Italia, Sky TV, British Telecom, Enel, UniCredit, Wind3, and numerous banks, telcos, insurance providers, cable and media companies, governments and utilities. Doxee software produces over 2 billion documents annually that reach over 100 million end-users worldwide.
Our focus is Customer Communications Management and Digital Customer Experience. The analyst firms who follow that space have labeled us as a “market leader” and a “visionary.” This is due to our technological excellence in exclusively utilizing a SaaS platform in a manner viewed unique to our industry.
We specialize in Cloud Technologies and love to make great products that improve the Customer Communication and Customer Engagement capabilities of our clients and partners. Our solutions are based and integrate with some of the best best-of-breed providers such as Amazon Web Services, Salesforce, Adobe, Informatica, Zuora.
The position will be based in Modena or Milan, Italy. Flexible working arrangements are available.
This position will join one of our SCRUM teams focused on product development activities. The position will lead the functional aspects of the product development cycle by collecting and qualifying specifications, interacting with the team to refine estimates and set priorities, oversee the development cycle to guarantee excellent quality and conformity of new features.
The primary responsibilities are:
- Defining the product vision and roadmap by cooperating with the Product Manager, offering a functional and technical perspective;
- Managing the product backlog, defining the task details and ensuring that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work with, supporting the planning of product iterations and sprints;
- Managing development priorities by working closely with the Scrum Master, define the proper mix between product evolution and consolidation on a sprint by sprint basis;
- Overseeing development stages including sprint planning and retrospective, mid-development demos, quality assurance, and release;
- Anticipating user and client needs by collecting, qualifying, and extending the requirements to fit client expectations and the product roadmap;
- Acting as the primary liaison between the Product Manager, the internal users, the clients, and the product team;
- Participate in user and client training to facilitate the adoption of new features.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (Successful candidate must possess all of the following):
- Good knowledge about E/Invoice, E/Order, Digital Preservation, E/Signature process flow, related channels (SdI, Peppol etc.) and markup language (XML, XSD, XLST, UBL etc.)
- Previous working experience as Product Owner for software companies;
- In-depth knowledge of Agile software development principles;
- Ability to define and maintain a software product roadmap;
- Experience with a definition of minimum marketable features and minimum viable products;
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal;
- Excellent organization and time management skills;
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills;
- Attention to details;
- English working proficiency.
POSITION DESIRABLES (These characteristics will enhance the Candidate’s chances of success)
- Previous working experience as a software development team member;
- Previous working experience as a customer-facing project manager, consultant, or technical pre-sales specialist;
- Previous working experience as a Test Engineer or similar software quality role;
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field;
- Agile Product Owner or Scrum Master certification;
- Ability to travel internationally for up to 2 weeks;
- Previous working experience with developing software services based on a major public cloud vendor, preferably AWS;
- A propensity for learning and coaching junior people.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Commensurate with experience and position.
Doxee complies with International Equal Employment Opportunity laws and will not discriminate based on race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability or any non-job-related factors.
Please send resume/CV with salary history to Doxee’s HR Division (email@example.com).