Software Development Engineer
Reporting to the Product Development Director, this position will join a team of talented Engineers that develop and maintain Doxee’s software asset in coordination with the functional requirements expressed by Product Management and in close relationship with internal DevOps teams that deploy and run the platform. The position also includes constant training both from the colleagues’ experience and formal class training on new technologies.
The primary responsibilities are:
- Receive, analyze and improve the requirements formulated by Doxee’s product owners;
- Develop the requirements by following agile methodologies such as SCRUM or Kanban;
- Experiment on new technologies and writing prototypes for architectural changes.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (Successful candidate must possess all of the following):
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented programming and academic-level development experience;
- At least one past experience of software development as part of the current occupation or past academic project; ability to SWOT such experience during an interview;
- Knowledge of software Engineering and Development practices;
- Understanding of operating system fundamentals;
- Understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related practice;
- Propensity for innovation as proven by past academic experiences; and
- English working proficiency.
POSITION DESIRABLES (These characteristics will enhance the Candidate’s chances of success)
- Willingness to become full-stack developer or DevOps Engineer;
- Proficiency in Linux and Unix operating systems;
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems;
- Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems;
- Knowledge of network, distributed, asynchronous, and concurrent programming;
- Knowledge of industry-standard frontend development technologies (e.g. Bootstrap, TypeScript);
- Proven abilities to solve problems, learn new environments, consistently produce quality work; and
- Ability to travel internationally for up to 2 weeks.
- COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Commensurate with experience and position.
Established in 2001, Doxee’s headquarters are located in the town of Modena, Italy. We are, first and foremost, engineers and innovators in the traditions of a region that is famed for its technological excellence and engineering prowess having produced such global icons as Ferrari, Lamborghini, Pagani and Ducati.
Today, Doxee is a global company with offices and partners located throughout Europe and the Americas. Our clients include Global 500 corporations – Telecom Italia, Sky TV, British Telecom, Enel, UniCredit, Three Italia and numerous banks, telecoms, insurance providers, cable and media companies, governments and utilities. Doxee software produces over 2 billion documents annually that reach over 100 million end-users worldwide.
Our focus is the Customer Communication Management space. The analyst firms who follow that space have labelled us as a “market leader” and a “visionary.” This is due to our technological excellence in exclusively utilizing a SaaS platform in a manner viewed unique to our industry.
We specialize in Cloud Technologies and love to make great products that improve the Customer Communication and Customer Engagement capabilities of our clients and partners. Our solutions are based and integrate with some of the best best-of-breed providers such as Amazon Web Services, Salesforce, Adobe.
At Doxee, we strongly believe that our future is as bright as the opportunities we give to young, passionate developers to infuse our teams with their energy and ability to innovate. We always welcome graduate students and junior developers wishing to be part of a talented team, eager to learn and improve their skills by embracing new cutting-edge technologies. Our junior developers have the opportunity to work with talented professionals that spent decades in architecting and building enterprise applications.
The position will be based in Modena, Italy or Catanzaro, Italy. Flexible working arrangements are available, including home working.
Doxee complies with International Equal Employment Opportunity laws and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability or any non-job-related factors.
Please send resume/CV with salary history to Doxee’s HR Division (firstname.lastname@example.org).