Senior Platform Engineer
Reporting to the Platform Engineering Manager this position will join a team of talented Engineers that develop and maintain Doxee’s IT infrastructure and deploy and run the platform.
The primary responsibilities are:
- Monitor and troubleshoot production and development systems.
- Evolve the IT infrastructure and middleware by following agile methodologies such as SCRUM or Kanban;
- Contribute to the definition of the product’s architecture, designing new systems;
- Experiment on new technologies and writing prototypes for architectural changes.
- Manage core production systems, including frequent changes and updates.
- Rapidly identify and resolve problems in production systems.
- Handle complex service faults.
- Develop tools to improve our pipeline and developer productivity.
- Improve technologies and processes while maintaining a rapid delivery cycle.
- Audit and optimize platform cost, usage and performance regularly.
- Experienced working with major Container and Container Orchestration technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes);
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture principles, design pattern selection, reliability and scaling) of new and existing software systems;
- Knowledge of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms;
- Experience with mission critical, 24×7 systems;
- Propensity for learning and coaching junior technical people;
- Experience with at least one public cloud provider’s service portfolio, preferably AWS;
- Knowledge of Linux based environments and command line tools
- 5+ years of total work experience in IT
- Python, Bash, or scripting language experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related practice; and
- English working proficiency.
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following technologies: Elastic Search, Kafka, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, MongoDB
- Knowledge of the JVM and the ecosystem of supporting tools inside and out;
- Experience setting up and managing CI/CD pipelines
- Proven abilities to solve problems, learn new environments, consistently produce quality work and be customer oriented;
- Propensity to sharing technical knowledge and training junior associates;
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule to accommodate multiple time zones; and
- Ability to travel internationally for up to 2 weeks.
- Proven record of development with AGILE teams using SCRUM or Kanban;
- Experience in Microsoft Active Directory/Windows OS/Office365
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Commensurate with experience and position.
The position will be based in Modena, Italy. Flexible working arrangements are available, including home working.
Doxee complies with International Equal Employment Opportunity laws and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability or any non-job-related factors.