Senior Software Development Engineer – Document Composition
Established in 2001, Doxee’s headquarters are located in the town of Modena, Italy. We are, first and foremost, engineers and innovators in the traditions of a region that is famed for its technological excellence and engineering prowess having produced such global icons as Ferrari, Lamborghini, Pagani and Ducati.
Today, Doxee is a global company with offices and partners located throughout Europe and the Americas. Our clients include Global 500 corporations – Telecom Italia, Sky TV, British Telecom, Enel, UniCredit, Three Italia and numerous banks, telecoms, insurance providers, cable and media companies, governments and utilities. Doxee software produces over 2 billion documents annually that reach over 100 million end-users worldwide.
Our focus is the Customer Communication Management space. The analyst firms who follow that space have labelled us as a “market leader” and a “visionary.” This is due to our technological excellence in exclusively utilizing a SaaS platform in a manner viewed unique to our industry.
We specialize in Cloud Technologies and love to make great products that improve the Customer Communication and Customer Engagement capabilities of our clients and partners. Our solutions are based and integrate with some of the best best-of-breed providers such as Amazon Web Services, Salesforce, Adobe.
Doxee is constantly looking for talented developers wishing to be part of skilled teams that define and implement cloud software. We prefer people that wish to challenge themselves and constantly desire to learn and improve their skills by embracing new cutting-edge technologies and grow as a team with the help of colleagues. Our senior members face technical challenges on daily basis being involved in the development of enterprise-grade cloud solutions.
The position will be based in Modena, Italy. Flexible working arrangements are available, including remote/home working.
Reporting to the Product Development Director this position will join a team of talented Engineers that develop and maintain Doxee’s software asset in coordination with the functional requirements expressed by Product Management and in close relationship with internal DevOps teams that deploy and run the platform.
- Receive, analyze and improve the requirements formulated by Doxee’s product owners;
- Develop the requirements by following agile methodologies such as SCRUM or Kanban;
- Contribute to the definition of the product’s architecture;
- Work in synergy with DevOps Engineers from the Infrastructure teams; and
- Experiment on new technologies and writing prototypes for architectural changes.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (Successful candidates must possess all of the following):
- Knowledge of XSL-FO processors; ability to implement high performance XSL-FO rendering for variable data printing with a minimum of 5 years of working experience.
- Knowledge of XSL-FO 1.1;
- Fluent in English – working proficiency level;
POSITION DESIRABLES (These characteristics will enhance the Candidate’s chances of success):
- Knowledge of XSL-FO 2.0;
- Knowledge of Apache FOP;
- Knowledge of Apache XML Graphics;
- Knowledge of MathML;Knowledge of agile development methodologies like SCRUM or Kanban;
- Working knowledge of J2EE Application servers;
- Knowledge of software build and management tools such as Ant and Maven;
- Proven abilities to solve problems, learn new environments, consistently produce quality work and be customer oriented;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related practice;
- Propensity to sharing technical knowledge and training junior associates; and
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule to accommodate multiple time zones.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Commensurate with experience and position.
Doxee complies with International Equal Employment Opportunity laws and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability or any non-job-related factors.
Please send resume/CV with salary history to Doxee’s HR Division firstname.lastname@example.org