Senior Software Development Engineer
Reporting to the Product Development Director this position will join a team of talented Engineers that develop and maintain Doxee’s software asset in coordination with the functional requirements expressed by Product Management and in close relationship with internal DevOps teams that deploy and run the platform.
The primary responsibilities are:
- Receive, analyze and improve the requirements formulated by Doxee’s product owners;
- Develop the requirements by following agile methodologies such as SCRUM or Kanban;
- Contribute to the definition of the product’s architecture;
- Work in synergy with DevOps Engineers from the Infrastructure teams; and
- Experiment on new technologies and writing prototypes for architectural changes.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (Successful candidate must possess all of the following):
- Extensive Software development experience using Java (Spring Boot) 2-3years;
- Working experience in medium/large team – 2/3 years;
- Experience with distributed and asynchronous systems – 1year;
- Experience on JVM 1.8 or above;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related practice; and
- English working proficiency.
POSITION DESIRABLES (These characteristics will enhance the Candidate’s chances of success)
- Proven record of development with AGILE teams using SCRUM or Kanban;
- Experienced working with major Container and Container Orchestration technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes);
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design of software systems;
- Experience with public cloud provider’s service portfolio, preferably AWS;
- Proven abilities to solve problems, learn new environments, consistently produce quality work and be customer oriented;
- Propensity to sharing technical knowledge and training junior associates;
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule to accommodate multiple time zones; and
- Ability to travel internationally for up to 2 weeks.
The position will be based in Modena, Italy. Flexible working arrangements are available, including home working.
Doxee complies with International Equal Employment Opportunity laws and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability or any non-job-related factors.
Please send resume/CV with salary history to Doxee’s HR Division (email@example.com).